17 minute AMRAP
30 snatches (75/45)
30 snatches (135/75)
30 snatches (165/100)
Attempt 1: 128 reps
Attempt 2: 132 reps
Seriously, I'm not sure if doing the workout a second time was worth the pain and suffering. My shoulders were sore for a good 3 days after both attempts. Here is what I learned after doing 13.1.
- Burpees suck in general, adding a six inch target makes them suck just that much more
- Snatches at 75 pounds were easy and clean.
- Snatches (for me) at 135 pounds after 70 burpees and 30 "easy" snatches were DIRRRTY. I think every single rep was a muscle snatch.
- I need to work on my shoulder mobility so I can catch the snatch in a slight squat. If I were able to power snatch 135 without having to leap the bar off the ground, I probably would've gotten another 18 reps in. Alas, I need to work on my snatch technique.
- Oly shoes would be a worthwhile investment.
- I'm not in the same aerobic condition as most CrossFit fitters. I was absolutely gassed after the burpees. How people were able to maintain a good 3-count cadence on the burpees, and do them unbroken is a foreign territory that I doubt I will ever visit.